Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Poker

Just a quick one for now, I started last week playing Texas holdem poker at the local downtowner.

I only went down to get out of the house and have a little fun. Last week was my first time playing proply very complicated some of the terms are completely alien to me and I have to get a little help from the other players as to how to deal and bet but besides that I was having fun.

It goes quite quick at times but other times you could fall asleep waiting for everyone to make up their minds , as I was saying last week was my first time and I thought I would go early in the night but unbeknownst to me I was still going for a while but not winning anything all crap hands nothing to bet on and all my money was going on small and big blinds. But at least the guy I went with bombed out before me so I was happy, I wasn't far behind him I think I was about the fourth or fifth person out for the night. Oh well played pool lost badly went home.

This week was about the same amount of people about 70-80 people meet up with some other people and sat with them. I really thought I was going to be the first out but I got some good hands and by god I was the highest winner on our table by first break, shit I couldn't believe my luck. By the return I had about $12000 dollars I started with $1500 wasn't a bad effort from me anyway forty minutes later I was down to $2400 and it was time for the next break. What I didn't know was that I was now down to the top twelve and progressed to the final table, I was actually shaking I was that nervous but I kept going and a few more dropped out top ten now wow even more nervous now all these people play reguarly I don't IM out of my depth here I thought.

I managed to get my chips back up to about $10000 but that didn't last long with betting starting at $2000 -$4000 dollars I made a few mistakes betting on bad hands and I was getting tired so I made a play and went all in on a pair of eights and a pair of twos. That was my last hand for the night and I ended eighth for the evening which I was so very excited about but I didn't show it to anyone till I got home.

Nicole asked how I went and I wouldn't shut up about it, I was dribbling crap all about it and I could see her eyes glazing over as I was speaking ( a lot of yeah and ah-ha and nodding in the right spots etc ) but I didn't care I was excited. Big kev would have been proud of me I was that excited LOL.

Anyway I know I said this was going to be a quick one today but once again

IM EXCITED

Cya

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes my son, I am excited for you, however there is more to life than Big Kev would have you believe. Cleaning products can be fun though. Although I can't condone the worship of money, keep up the good work and play a hand for me. Just don't loose or I will get mad.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home