Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Birthday Wish

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me etc etc. You know when you get older you really don't care about birthdays anymore, i don't!! I love that I'm getting older but I really don't like people making it into some huge big deal.

It really is just another day to me I know I should care but I don't the only thing I like about it are my kids , they love that it was my birthday they went shopping and bought me a great shirt for me and I love it. I had lunch at Nic's mums place and she was making a big deal out of it she wouldn't even let me dry the dishes come on it is only polite to help with the dishes I wasn't going to sit there and watch her do everything. I sound like a grumpy old bugger but really it is only a day when I was born 32 years ago big deal.

So here is my birthday wish I know I'm not suppose to tell anyone as it wont come true but here goes. I would like everyone to go about there daily things and just be happy they are alive and I will go about mine, yes you can wish me a happy birthday as I do like that it is polite to do so but please don't try to make a fuss as it will be wasted on me. I got so annoyed when everyone was asking what do you want for your birthday and my answer was nothing just a card will do but they all insisted to get me something. I must admit my favorite present was my new Ramones t-shirt apparently it looks good on me.....;) followed close by with my new explorer socks wrapped and sticky taped by the great Miss H, thanks Mc's

I know I sound ungrateful now but I get a little sad every time it gets to my birthday for various reasons that most of my friends know and I know that it is why everyone makes a big deal out of my birthday but I really don't care to much about all that stuff all I care about is my beautiful wife Nicole and my two wonderful kids and my close Ffriends . I'm so sorry to everyone that I have now made feel like crap but I'm sitting here typing having a little cry and feeling sad so that is how my words are coming out it is most likely why I hate birthdays I suppose.

I took the day of work so I could do some thinking ( you know why am I here kind of thinking ) and I had the weirdest thing happen to me I normally can take a day off and just do what ever I want to but yesterday just didn't go as planned, I couldn't catch up not at alli didn't really do much I was going to clean house, put washing away, make beds, do dishes clean out shed but I barely got the beds made and the dishes done. I was rushing around town going here doing this so much for that idea. Nic come home to a mess I felt so bad but she felt bad that my birthday was not the way I planned it sorry Nic for the mess I just couldn't keep on top of it.

Even poker last night I bombed out not too early but early enough not to get to the final table I think I went in a little cocky from last week oh well learnt my lesson there.

But after all this blogging today I actually feel much better and feel like I could take on the world as a happy 32 year old. I don't hate birthdays, I love celebrating everyone's birthdays just try and get thru mine that's all as quick as possible.

Cya soon 33 I know it wont be long ...!!

2 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Happy birthday for yesterday!!!
Yep, pretty soon you'll be 33 like me! But I guess by then I won't be 33 anymore. I can tell you that being 32 is kool though. Being 33 is kool too, so don't panic dude... We are only young. As for the 'why are we here' sort of questions... I prefer to think about what we can do while we are here rather than focus on the questions that cannot be answered. Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Nathan, happy birthday to you! Hip Hip Hooray, Hip hip Hooray, Hip hip hooray!!!

Sorry about embarrassing you :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

Oh ya big grump.

I don't care about the mess - pfft!

Birthdays are cool, a great time for reflection but I guess you weren't meant to be thinking yesterday. I know what you're saying, totally, but isn't it good that people around you care???

Oh and btw, you do look HOT in that Ramones top baby....grrrrooooowwwwllll....

MWAH!!

Nic xx

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home