Monday, November 06, 2006

OOPS

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday as we had so much to do but once again we didn't get it all done infact I don't think I got any of it done.

We did get up nice and early and tidied up around the place getting ready to plant the bloody vege garden as usual something or someone got in our way I don't mind but I have been telling the kids that we will do it this weekend and it has been four or five weekends now. But Nics sister came around with her kids and then her other sister and mum turned up the next thing you now we are having a family get together so much for the weekend vege planting. I have a list of what I'm planting ,where I'm planting and I just cant get to it . Its been rotary hoed compost added weeds removed but still no vege's.........:(

Ooops I will get there next year maybe???????????



But later on that sunny afternoon one of the dodgy brothers gave me a call and wanted to go fishing, I asked the warden for a leave pass and was granted on good behavior . We charted the nearest vessel ( holden rodeo ) and set sail for deep water ( the nearest creek ) it was nice just to cruise around the waters edge and chat away about nothing in general.

We had a few nibbles but mainly crayfish , no big fish ;( we ended up somewhere out there and a nice little river appeared so we stomped off through the long grass and sat and fished for a while we thought we would try lures for a while. Better success with the lures as we could see the trout trying to take the lure but would stop just short of eating it bugger..

Dave went off one way and I the other not long after he left my lure got snagged , being it wasn't my lure I thought I would do my best in getting it back. There was a log just under the surface of the river and a large branch sticking out of the water, I thought piece of cake.
As I gently entered the water I slowly reeled in the extra line to keep my balance nearly there I reached for the branch and SNAP I went straight in up to my armpits in the deepest part I might ad of the river LOL , Bloody freezing at first I could have sang like a choir boy right then ( spanner water ) my cousin calls it.

Ooops oh well I'm in now so up the river I went it was actually nice after a while, I caught up with Dave and he had a good chuckle and then got his lure snagged stopped laughing then didn't he.
I went in and retrieved it for him and once again we headed on different side of the bank, Later I caught a small trout but it slipped of the hook just as I got it on the bank, it was to small any way so I will get him next time but in a whole I had a good day thanks dodgy for the fun day.

But back to work today it has been a bit quiet so we have looked around for a little more work and they have hired me out to a courier company doing the south gippsland run. I have done it all before so it was a walk in the park for me no training the new boss loved that as normally it is a weeks training to learn where to go with him paying two drivers to do one job. The only draw back for me is that I have to be in traralgon by seven in the morning that really doesn't go down well for me as I'm not a morning person. I really do enjoy driving around the country side I might start taking my camera with me every now and then, it is good though as I finish at three-ish normally I do the courier work till twelve then do the normal shop stuff and an early finish so that is about it for me as I sit here the phone is going crazy people coming around to visit so I must go ..


cya soon

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

Warden??

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah warden the sexiest warden around you can handcuff me anytime .....;)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home