Thursday, November 16, 2006

Busy Week

I have been flat out this week as I am doing a courier job that starts at six in the morning and finishes at about two or three in the arvo. I really like it as I get to drive all over South Gippsland, I really like it when I have to go to Philip Island as it is such a long way away.

But what I came across on my journeys has made me sad but in a weird kind of way that is, I came across this house when I was in Mirboo North ,






There is nothing special about this house except it is where my Pop's house used to be I was stunned it was gone and this thing was in its place . I spent a lot of time and I mean a lot of time at my Grandparents house growing up there was fantastic, this is were I learnt about vegetable gardening as his backyard was half concrete and half vege patch.We spent hours together in the garden he loved his garden so much he even had a little patch for me, whatever I wanted to plant I could , I even learnt how to ride a bike here and how to take a trailer of rubbish to the tip and bring back two.....LOL.

Over the road was a huge paddock where the old train station used to be and a heap of cypress trees to play in , they touch the trees out and built a B.M.X track opposite his house .My brother and I both got b.m.x's that year mine was yellow and red , Jasons was blue and yellow. It was my first time on a track with jumps and turns and whoopdy doo's I crashed bad and did damage to My ribs and was in hospital for a day or two. I went back as soon as I was healed............................................................ And crashed again LOL.



But now there is this........................................







It is a fantastic looking park I will admit, but all my memories of this area came back to me at once and it kind of over welmed me a little but I did manage to smile through it and nothing stops progress I suppose..

Now I mentioned the other day I am going away I cant wait to go away again with the Mac's as it seems like forever since we have been together . We all have been so busy the last few weeks and I am really looking forward to going down to Bairnsdale and having a great relaxed time (might even slip a little fishing in :) ) with all of them .

I have the next few days off work and I hope we catch up with everyone we know down that way too. I used to live down that way as well so it will be interesting to see if my old house is still there or is it to gone to progress.

So I'm going now to get everything ready for the weekend and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY must be said to Nics dad , HAPPY birthday Bruce you old fart you .....LOL

Cya all soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home