Saturday, June 10, 2006

What's in a name?

What's in a name ? Does a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

Sorry well I've been really confused lately ever since I posted Nicole's challenge. It annoys the shit out of me that my name is a lie. Nicole is more a Finlayson than I am!

I was born Nathan James Ammon my parents separated when I was very little, which you think that you don't care when such a young age but fuck it kills everyday not knowing who you really are. Or who you really should have been ? Would I have been a different person with a different name or would I have turned out the same way.
When my Dad left or asked to leave I don't really know ? My Mother moved us around a lot always moving. I've been to so many different towns and schools I wrote them down once, it looked terrible every year or six months a new school, new house, new town. I've very envious of my friends that I have now as they know people from when they were little and still talk to them. I've been in this town a while now and yes I have friends that I have known for a while now too but it would be nice to see the kids I went to school with .

But back to my name my Mother moved us around as I said before and hooked up with a few different partners. Which wasn't so bad it was nice to have some of them around. So she finally shacked up with a guy called Ron Finlayson hence the name. All of a sudden we moved again and now we had new names, it was horrible I didn't even know how to say the bloody name let alone know who I was. I kept on saying my old name for a very long time until I got yelled at saying "You cant use that bastards name anymore" "STOP IT" I was in grade three when this happened.

I grew up hating my dad I think I was brainwashed so I didn't ever want to use his name ,we didn't legally change our names we just accepted the new one!

For a long time I liked my new name then I found my dad 25 years later he was dyeing so I went and talked to him twice then he died, But before he died I had a chance to talk briefly to him about why he left and why he didn't see us or want to see us. He tried but couldn't find us hence all the moving around but I still think he could have tried harder if I couldn't see my kids because Nicole moved around I would still hunt and hunt for them. So I talked to my mum she went nuts all shit hit the fan not long after all this happened we fought and never spoken since. Don't get me wrong there is more to that story but this is about names.

So now here I am hating my dad's name and hating the name of my mums boyfriend. She took his name and now I have kids and a wife but they are legally Finlaysons and I am not.

I'm really stuck to which name should I be ?

Ammon or Finlayson?

HATE THEM BOTH.........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home